Recast Enterprise Server Installation
This Wiki is out of date. Please view the current documentation at https://wiki.recastsoftware.com
Download the latest version of the MSI here: . The installation should install all prerequisites on Server 2012 and later. On Server 2008 R2, you will need to download and install the .Net 4.5 framework from Microsoft after the Recast Enterprise Server is installed. If you've installed the .Net 4.5 Framework before HTTP activation is installed, you will need to repair the .Net 4.5 Framework after you install Recast Enterprise Server to make sure the ASP.NET 4.5 features are installed.
- Double click the Recast Enterprise Server.msi file to start the installation. On the port screen, enter the port number you would like to host the IIS service on. Be sure that this port does not overlap any existing ports on the system. If installing this on a server that hosts an existing IIS site, note that the installation will temporarily stop the IIS service. If installing on a ConfigMgr server that hosts a role that requires IIS (such as a Management Point or Distribution Point), note that the role will be unavailable during the installation, and some errors may be generating on the Site Status or Component Status section of the Configuration Manager console. Once the port is entered, click Next.
- Click Next on the Welcome screen.
- On the License Agreement screen, choose the "I accept the terms in the license agreement" radio button, and click Next.
- At the Ready to Install page, click Install to begin the installation.
- The installation will take some time to install all of the required Windows Server roles.
- Click Finish to complete the installation.
Next you will need to setup the IIS certificate.