Recast Tips & Tricks
From Now Micro
This Wiki is out of date. Please view the current documentation at https://wiki.recastsoftware.com
- Reset User Passwords
- Customize the System Information Tool
- Diagnose Problems Faster
- Solve Deployment Problems
- Give Users a Prompt to Cancel Device Shutdowns
- Troubleshoot Content
- Transform Computers into Single-Purpose Testing Devices
- Remotely Enable the Unified Write Filter
- Run Right Click Actions on Multiple Devices
- Get a List of all the Collections a Device is in
- Retrieve AD Bitlocker Recovery Keys
- Add Security - Disable Certain Right Click Tools
- Quickly reset user passwords by right clicking within your SCCM console.
- Scope the System Information tool to show only data of interest.
- Troubleshoot Task Sequences with the Status Message Query tool. Spend more time solving and less time searching.
- Run all your favorite Recast RCT actions in particular deployment states. Run actions against devices that failed your deployment.
- Give users more freedom by allowing them to push back shutdowns or restarts.
- Quickly navigate to your content source and eliminate clicks.
- Use Lab Manager to quickly turn devices into kiosks.
- Use StateLocker to enable the UWF and prevent changes to your devices.
- Recast RCT 2.5 now supports multiselect.
- Don't lose track of your devices. Quickly find which maintenance windows prevented your deployment from running.
- Right Click to find AD Bitlocker Keys.
- Prevent admins from running certain (potentially harmful) right click actions.